Sunday 8 July 2012

Guiltily Whining Away My Sunday

Ah, the joy of guilt.  Much as I try to shed myself of it's clingyness (not a real word i suspect) I just can't seem to rid myself of it entirely.  And the source?  Is there any other source but family really?  The things I do for family....things that really, no rational, sane person would ever do.  But I suspect many of you are the same.
So later this week, I am wearing the guilt and dragging it along with me to Canada's Wonderland.  Which I have no desire to visit.  But which, my family (out of town guests) and DDs would happily spend their time and oodles of money on.  Don't get me wrong, my lack of desire to ride the rides (yes, I have gotten that old--they make me dizzy and generally mess up my brain for hours.  sad but true) greatly overrides my lack of desire to fork over my hard earned money on slushies, deep fried whatever, and all things sugar.  I know how the day will end for DD2 in this scenario and it isn't pretty.
So here I sit, whiney and guilt riddled.  Great combo, right?  I would go for a drive and read somewhere quiet except I'd probably just end up feeling guilty about that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment