Wednesday 8 February 2012

Happy Day

My two daughters are as different as different really can be.  For instance, when told of DH's upcoming heart surgery DD1 asked, "are you scared dad?" and DD2 asked, "so they need to stop your heart to operate, right?".  Imagine.  It's a lot like winning the lottery really.  I have my emotional-intuitive-empathetic child (who doesn't know it but who I am banking will take care of me in my later years!) who is so wonderfully kind and caring and my perceptive-logical-and emotional- in- her -own- way child who will one day take over the world (and still find time to snuggle with me).  
It's not often they work very well together, which makes sense given that they come at the world from two different perspectives.  Today was one such rare moment.  DD2 had her weekly math problem to solve and decided that her usual method of solving it would just not do.  Enter DD1 who was more than happy to share her grade eight algebra with her sister.  And so began an hour long math lesson, coupled with discussions and in the end, some pretty good problem solving.  It was really almost a magical moment (my threshold for magic is very low at the moment so humour me).  Maybe it's the full moon?  Maybe the sugar rush from the Tim's valentine's doughnuts I bought them (okay, they are seriously fabulous, you really must try one).  Whatever led to this strange but wonderful coupling I will take it and will remain ever optimistic for more moments such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment