Monday 27 February 2012

Saying Yes to the Dress

This past weekend DD1 and I set out to look for a Grad dress.  While I know a few of you just cringed, it turned out to be a rather fun experience.  I must admit, I didn't go into the whole process with high hopes. I do still have vivid memories of shopping with my Mum as a teen (now I'm cringing) and I thought I might be in for my own just desserts.  Luckily, DD1 inherited the bulk of her genes from someone else!  During the course of the two day event, there was not one moment of snarkiness or even an eye roll, and that was just me.  DD1 was pretty well behaved too.  We emerged on the other side of Dante's little known layer of hell--Elizabeth Noel on a Saturday--with "the perfect dress" in hand.  On our first go around.  I know.  I am still in shock.

3 comments:

  1. aaawwwww! grad?! whoa! ok - need details...colour, style -- photo also good! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to do that with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jeanine--photo to come soon. dress is having a few adjustments made. have been told i am not allowed to divulge details in a public forum. :)
    @jen--hope your venture goes as well as mine did.

    ReplyDelete