Monday 14 May 2012

Mothers Turn the World

This Mother's Day I spent the day in true mother fashion....I got up before the crack of dawn to take DD1 to the pool for her swim meet, sat on rock hard benches with chlorine stinging my eyes for about 4 hours, cheered and supported my daughter in her swims (while hanging with some pretty great swim friends and coming up with an idea for a new tlc reality show called Swim House--kind a mixture between Big Brother and Sister Wives, with an addition of Brother Husbands), raced back across the city to have a quick lunch with the family, then down to the market to drop DD2 off for her play, and then back again later to watch her shine in Fiddler on the Roof.  In between had a few nice moments with DH and the pup.  All and all just about perfect.  
I am so happy and proud to be a mum.  We truly turn the world and I defy anyone to dispute that.  Cause I could take you on while making muffins for lunches, cleaning the cupboards, turning over the garden, and soothing an upset tummy.  Just sayin.
Happy Belated Mother's Day to all you strong, loving, and beautiful mums out there.  Own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment