Thursday 10 May 2012

Overflowing Cup

Home Stretch time folks.  5 days until DHs surgery and although we are all a bit on edge around here, I am rather proud of how we are holding it all together.  Of course, there are many people holding us up so I guess that makes it considerably easier to manage the day to day.  While admittedly, it is a bit of a struggle (large understatement) to accept and be comfortable with all of the wonderful help that is being arranged, I am trying very hard to override my initial response of "no thanks" and learn to be gracious.  I emphasize the word learn.

Of course, there is always 10 more things going on around here that involve our time and energy.  DD2 is in her first theatre production--she began her run of Fiddler on the Roof (Jr) yesterday with two shows and is as energized and happy as I have ever seen her.  On stage is truly where she shines brightest.

DD1 just spent 36 hours at her highschool-to-be with 200 other grade 8s and had the time of her life.  She is optimistic and enthusiastic about going to her new school which is amazing considering she is leaving all of her life long friends behind and branching out to something new.  Her ability to see the positive in change and to consider new starts as an opportunity is truly amazing considering her age.  I know many adults who are not capable of this.  I am so proud.

As for DH and I, we will spend the weekend at the pool watching DD1 compete, at the theatre watching DD2 shine, and inbetween will continue to make plans for next week.  Our freezer is half full, the swim driving schedule has been organized, and the schedule for next week has been created.   All of these things done for us and with us.  Our friends and family--what can I even say?  Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment