Friday 11 November 2011

Be Grateful

It's been a crazy week around here.  Come to think of it, I think I start many of my posts that way.  Apparently my life is leaning toward crazy these days but all is good so I guess crazy is working for me.
I also do a truck load of reflecting which I suppose is a good thing.  In theory anyway.  Tuesday night my cold turned into something ugly and since Wednesday I have been sidelined with Pneumonia (A gift from DD#2 who had it late last week).  This has given me way too much time to reflect.  Left alone with my thoughts in a quiet home (as I type this I am aware that a quiet home is really a lovely thing and being alone it one, is a treasure.  what is my problem??) I have been obsessively reflecting on everything.  What a cyclone of nonsense it's become.  Clearly I need to return to work or, at the very least, find someone sane and rational to talk to.
Today I vow to reflect on something worthwhile.  On this remembrance day, I am thinking of my grampy who drove the truck that carried ammunition to the front lines.  He sacrificed so much for the comforts and freedoms I enjoy today.  I think about my mum who didn't meet her father until she was five years old, on a military airfield in the cold of late autumn.  I can't even begin to imagine the life my nanny led back at home, with a small child, hoping that the officer delivering telegrams wouldn't stop at her house.
We have so much to be grateful for.  We have been given so much.  This is worthwhile reflection.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this post Gill - thanks for sharing about your family connection to this special day. Hope you are back on your feet soon!

    ReplyDelete