Wednesday 30 November 2011

Learning to Embrace Winter

Today is my first day off with the puppy around.  I have dreams of Christmas shopping, making Christmas cards and hauling out the decorations.  Realistically I know none of these things will necessarily happen but I choose to live in happy denial.
I am not generally a fan of all things winter.  I have a special dislike of being cold and have yet to find a coat (no matter how much money is spent on it) that will keep me warm when I'm out in the snow.  Usually I prefer to be inside watching my family enjoy snowball fights and sledding.  This year, we have a dog.  A dog who loves snow and cold.  In fact, he's been sleeping on the back deck (with snow accumulating on his fur) already this morning.  As I see it, my personal challenge is to learn to embrace the winter and get off my (warm) couch and get outside.  Starting today.  Wish me luck.

1 comment: