Thursday 5 January 2012

Family Fun

Well, we finally got our act together around here and left the building as a family unit (prying pyjamas off of the kids was no easy feat but the lure of movie popcorn is strong).  After much debate (or what passes for debate around here) we set off to see We Bought A Zoo.  I knew the premise but I don't think I was prepared for the balance of fun to serious of the movie.  It was well done but a little too much reality and not enough escape if you ask me.  And DD2.  She must've cried her way through a good deal of the second half of the movie and seemed to be struggling with teary eyes as we walked through the parking lot.  When I asked what was the matter the dam broke and she stood and sobbed; "I miss Aunt Catherine".  Ouch.  Guess my family fun ripped the scab right off of that wound.  I am definitely losing my Julie McCoy clipboard over this one.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - you're collecting followers - how cool is that??? I am catching up on your posts this morning before church...cuz I'm not on the computer as much since I stopped blogging...I miss it! Note to you - don't stop blogging! Love reading this - and you really are a good writer.

    ReplyDelete