Tuesday 3 January 2012

Resolution Number Two

For years I have been wanting to learn to knit.  And while I have completed a couple of very irregular scarves, my goal for the year is to learn to knit well enough to make something somebody will actually wear.  Flip flop socks in particular.  Found a cool pattern while milling around Michael's last night waiting for DD1's cake decorating class to finish and figured I'd better learn the basics before attempting something of an "Intermediate" nature.  See, already changing my attitude....this time last year I probably would've just tried it anyway figuring I'd learn as I went along.  Hence the unwearable scarves (which says a lot since it's got to be pretty bad for a scarf to be unwearable, right?).
Today I sat in front of the computer and learned how to cast on and while it seemed awkward, I am sure it will improve with practice.  For now, I've unravelled it to try again later.  Again, something I wouldn't have done this time last year.  I am learning the benefits of restarting to do things properly--knitting projects, recipes, relationships....it's amazing how this old dog can learn new tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment