Monday 2 January 2012

Year of the Pie Crust

Another year dawns....so far in 2012 I have managed to ignore my family to read the Hunger Games Trilogy.  For those that haven't picked it up yet, it is quite riveting and while written for teens, it is still a pretty good read.  As I emerge from my warm bed, clear away the empty mugs of tea, and brush aside the mountain of foil candy/chocolate wrappings, I am determined to do at least one productive thing today.  DD2 now has a ipod touch so I've essentially lost her to technology.  DD1 is at swim camp.  Pup is chewing a marrow bone (and thank goodness for that as he nearly lost a life today running through the house like a crazy dog with my very dirty front door mat in tow).  Fridge is full of turkey from three days ago that must be managed.  Soup seems easy i suppose but the lure of finally conquering pie pastry is too much to resist.  Break out the kleenex, there will be tears but 2012 is the year I successfully master the "no fail" (if i had a penny for every time i swore while turning a no-fail recipe into a complete failure) pie crust.   Keep Calm and Make Pastry.  Indeed I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment