Sunday 23 October 2011

The Cleaning Fairies

Today I decided to renew my search for a new church.  I was in a decidedly cranky mood when I headed off to North Park to meet my brother and sister in law.  The drive across the city certainly didn't enhance that.  After a nice but uninspiring service (I know, my hopes are high and largely unreasonable) I wasn't anticipating my return home.  Those with children can picture the scene I had left behind earlier; bickering children, unhappy hubby who was realizing that dd#2 had in fact been messing around with his bike things in the basement, and a house that was cluttered with school items and other assorted messes.
I tried to focus on the glorious sunshine (welcome back, we've missed you) and the fact that I had a few minutes to myself.  Putting on my best "happy" I entered the house only to find a smiling husband, quiet children, and clean floors, counters, and bathrooms.  Love it.  Love them.  Day made.

1 comment:

  1. I wondered about you and church today...as I sat behind you in another service - this one very inspiring - I hope your search goes well - it is hard. When I heard Alex's voice today I realized how much I missed that voice and what it had to say. Great speakers are hard to find.

    ReplyDelete