Friday 21 October 2011

The Girl Who Cried Wolf

I am home today with dd#2 who insists her stomach hurts.  We've been down this road a time or two in the past few years--usually this is the scenario when she is trying to avoid something stressful at school.  Last year it was a bully, which was a something she didn't share with me for quite a few months.  This year, all has been going smoothly so I am not sure what to make of things.  I checked to make sure her homework was done (and it was, two days early i might add) and asked her about her friends and was assured all was okay.  Not quite believing her, I sentenced her to her room for the morning.  She has been silent in still laying in bed most of the morning.

I must admit, I spent several minutes this morning stewing about missing some key appointments and also losing some much needed time with my husband this afternoon (I had planned to take a few hours owed as lieu time).  As I settled in to do a little "home office" I realized that I was more behind in my notes than I thought.  In my few hours this morning, I have managed to get my charting up to snuff, organized a few new clients, and weed through the pile of "filing" that always seems to be shoved into my planner.  I actually feel quite good about things now.

Funny how something so frustrating can end up being such a good and needed thing.  She may be crying wolf but I am grateful for the time.  Perhaps she'll make it out of her room this afternoon for a little snuggle on the sofa.


1 comment:

  1. You are excelling at this Plan B stuff - wow way to kick into organizational mode with the found time. Now, can you help me stop procrastinating with mine?

    ReplyDelete