Monday 31 October 2011

Halloween--Friend or Foe

Today I had to drag myself from my bed.  After spending a relaxing weekend at Oakwood and sleeping in the world's most comfortable bed, I truly had a hard time coming back to the real world.  And not just the real world but the day of Halloween.  Imagine working with kids in a school on Halloween.  Now make it 50 times worse than your imagining.
As tempted as I was to return to bed, I was questioning whether I was actually sick or just wanting to ignore reality for one more day.  I decided to force myself into clothing and out to work.  With bribes in hand (as, after all, who wants to leave the movie/halloween party/sugary snack to go work with the therapist.  would you? incentives are good and necessary) I made it through the day and even managed not to eat the many treats dangled in front of me.
Tonight, while my kids are out trick or treating with their friends I am spending a rather quiet evening at home with my husband.  Halloween is turning out okay after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment