Friday 2 March 2012

Literate At Last

So it turns out that my happy bits yesterday were a smart way to start my day.  I tried desperately to cling to them as I spent the day looking for lost autistic boys, cajoling (and flat out bribing if I am being truthful) unwilling kids into doing anything with me, and working around a gymnastics assembly (ever try to remove a child from an event involving music, jumping, and dancing?  do. not. recommend. this.).  And then I got home.  Huge home drama, of which I will spare you all the details.  If you have children, I am sure whatever you imagine will be close enough.  With a conscious (and super human some might say) effort to stay calm, all resolved itself in time.  And then the truly unbelievable happened.  A real life phoenix rising from the ashes moment.  DD2 wrote the most incredible piece of work I've EVER seen her do and we've been working on writing for years.  seriously, for years.  After I took a picture of said work for posterity and sufficiently showered rewards on said child (what says way-to-work hard like peanut m&ms?) I settled in to enjoy the rest of my night.  Today I am still basking in the happy my-child-actually-wrote-something-that-makes-her-appear-literate glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment