Wednesday 28 March 2012

Procrastination or Preservation?

I really should be getting groceries, making dinner (but i suppose that would depend on the whole grocery thing now wouldn't it?), cleaning the kitchen, or really anything but sitting at the computer writing a blog. That has been part of the blogging lull lately; so difficult to simply find the time to sit still long enough and to think clearly enough to write something that makes sense.  The last 24 hours have been completely overwhelming--not a "i just can't cope another minute" sort of overwhelming but more of a "i have so much to do that i think i shall take a nap" way.  Now that I am through the drama of getting my parents home safely a week early from Portugal (and hopefully getting some proper medical attention---picture this:  full leg cast, from mid foot to hip, for a hematoma on a knee) and now that we have a surgical date for DH (am simultaneously relieved and terrified) , I am (justifiably i think) spending the next several hours completely ignoring all the household chaos.  "What's for dinner mum?"  they ask.  I have no plan for that.  "Do we have any milk?" they whine.  I have no plan for that either.  "I need these forms filled out and signed and money for grad pictures, field trips, and yearbooks" they badger.  And on and on it goes.  And add in a barking dog for good measure.  I should muster it up but truly, I think I will have that nap now.

1 comment: