Sunday 6 January 2013

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

I just finished the most unexpectedly thought provoking book I have read in a while.  Posing as a piece of "fluffer", this book appeared to be a light-hearted chick-lit kind of novel that I thought would suit the bill for a little light holiday reading.  Sometimes I like to feel like I know how a book will end before I begin, likely to do with my dislike of surprises.  I thought this was that sort of book and settled in for a comfortable read when wham, I was broadsided with a patch reality in my sunny escape.  But in a good way.
I read this book in a day (which involved some pretty impressive ignoring of my family) and when I was done I sat there, mouth wide open, in shock.  And then I cried a little bit.  And then I thought about it (and thought about it).  If you get a chance, check out this gem and then let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Will check it out - thanks. And yes - will email today about book club. Thanks for the much needed push!

    ReplyDelete