Saturday 3 September 2011

Following Instructions

I hate to read and follow instructions.  Absolutely detest it.  Although I admit my plan of "visualizing" the finished product doesn't always work out well (insert an example of almost any household do-it/build-it-yourself project here), I stand by my approach.  Well, at least I did.  I am trying to alter my life plan after all.  Today's challenge:  Read and follow instructions to the finished product.  I decided to play it safe and choose a recipe to follow.  Simple enough in theory, right?
Tonight's choice:  Mediterranean Couscous Salad.  And I swear I tried earnestly to follow the instructions (as one can while sampling a nice moscato wine) however, I began to feel very limited by the black and white recipe before me--imagine a roasted vegetable couscous salad with no portobello mushrooms?!  Confession time...I added the portobellos.  And they were delicious.  Perhaps this change in approach to life is going to be harder than I thought.

1 comment:

  1. Surely Plan B is about dealing with things with imagination and flair...not always following the instructions...or at least being free to add to the instruction list!

    ReplyDelete