Saturday 10 September 2011

Our Lazy Days Just Keep Going

I have come the realization that our family is lazy.  L-A-Z-Y.  Worthy of caps and an extended pronunciation.  This summer I tried desperately to break from the laissez faire attitude of my family members.  I spent countless hours filing papers, organizing closets, decluttering countertops, and tending to the gardens (well, maybe not the front one but I am blaming my back for that).  I had hoped that my endless rants about cleaning up after yourself and pointing out the loveliness of the fresh clean spaces would have some influence.    Was it too much to hope that within one week of me returning to work that our home wouldn't dissolve into an episode of hoarders?  The answer came in the form of a simple request today.  When asked to pour a glass of lemonade (the pitcher had been in the fridge all week btw), DD#2 discovered that the well chilled rubbermaid pitcher contained only air.  Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment